Our loan policies are:
Computer Workstation and Internet Use Policy
- Books, audios and magazines loan for three weeks, you may renew them twice. We're happy to circulate most books for a six-week vacation loan on request.
- Late fees for Adult and Young Adult books are $0.30 per day.
- Children's books are charged at $0.15 per day.
- DVDs, Blu-ray discs, and VHS tapes loan for one week; they may be renewed once. Late fees for movies are $1 per day.
- Late fees are charged for each day past the due date, regardless of closed days.
- The book drop for print items is located on the San Anselmo Avenue side of the library.
- The Audio / Video drop-box is adjacent to the book drop. (Items with a "no book drop" sticker are allowed in the A/V drop.)
- All San Anselmo items may be returned to any MARINet library.
- Request fees are $0.50 per item for MARINet and SuperSearch requests. InterLibrary Loan requests are $5.00.
Computers and Internet access are provided for all library users in keeping with the library's role of providing information and materials to meet the educational, informational and recreational needs of all members of the community.
Four computer workstations are available for public use:
Misuse or failure to comply with this policy can result in loss of Internet privileges.
- Two Express workstations are available to all users on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Express Internet use is limited to 15 minutes per person.
- Two One-Hour workstations are available to MARINet patrons with a library card in good standing.
- These computers may be reserved up to one week in advance.
- Additional time may be available on a drop-in basis.
- No more than two people may use a workstation at one time.
- Please contact the Reference Librarian if you wish to reserve time on a One-Hour workstation.
- All four computer workstations provide users with the following software: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
- Headphone jacks are installed; patron's may use their own headphones, or are available for purchase.
- Users of the Internet should be aware that the library has no control over the information on the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content.
- Any restriction of a child's access to the Internet is the responsibility of the child's parent or legal guardian.
- Printing is available at 20¢ per page. Please pay staff when you collect your printed pages.
- Internet tutoring is also available. Please contact the Reference Desk for more information.
For questions or to learn more about library loan policies, contact us at (415) 258-4656.